I did not bring the cord for the camera to the hospital, so you'll have to wait for me to upload more pictures once we get home this afternoon. But let me update you on everything . . .
This time around was so much better than Aiden's birth (no offense Aiden). Erin tolerated the pitosin beautifully. I was super slow to progress and got pretty discouraged when it took several hours to go from 2 cm to 3 cm. Then I kind of had a mental breakdown thinking that it was going to be another 23 hours of labor with 3 hours of pushing. However, when I finally got to 6 cm it took me an hour to go the rest of the way to 10 cm. What's really awesome is that the Bible study I attend sent out an e-mail asking for everyone to pray for me to have a safe and quick delivery right before I jumped from 6 to 10 cm - God is so good.
Thirty minutes of pushing and she was out! I still have a grade 2 tear, but it's better than a grade 3. All in all we've been doing really well recovering. So, things that I'm grateful for are as follows (and this is in no particular order):
1. Epidurals! They had to poke me twice because the first time was off just a bit, but I would rather cut off my right arm than give birth without an epidural.
2. Mike - he was so wonderful during the whole birthing process and really has a knack for calming me down when I had my mental breakdown. He's been such a trooper to stay up here with me overnight and take over soothing duties when I need to get some sleep.
3. DeEtte - it takes an impressive woman to assume sole caregiver responsibilities to a toddler. She has been such a blessing to us in that we don't have to worry about Aiden or Emma during this time. And I'm super grateful she'll be with us for a few days after we get home to continue to help with the adjustment. I am so blessed with my mother-in-law.
4. My doctor - she freaking rocks! Yay she let me be induced (can you imagine if Erin was 10 days late like Aiden was - I don't even want to think about it). She was so encouraging during the whole process and I really like her.
5. Awesome nurses - it's just different here in Kearney than it was in Dallas. Not that Dallas was bad, but it's more of a small town mentality to healthcare here. Enough said.
6. Warm showers - again, enough said.
That's not an all inclusive list, but it's enough to get started. I was concerned before she was born about the change in our family relationships and dynamics. But being on the other side it's not like I expected. It's not a loss of a certain relationship or dynamic, it's an "adding to" our family relationships and dynamics. I'm excited to get home and be with Aiden and Erin together. He was kind of stand-off-ish yesterday. But I'm looking forward to our new chapter as a family of four! Pictures to follow later.
No comments:
Post a Comment