Pageviews past week

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

2 week visit

So we had our 2 week visit with the pediatrician a little early so we could check Erin's weight with all the spit up she's had.  She is at 8 lbs 2 oz!!!!  That means she can sleep as long as she wants at night now.  I was waking her up every 4 hours to make sure she ate.  It's weird to compare her to Aiden - who at his lowest was 8 lbs 8 oz. 

She's been getting fussy in the evenings and I wonder if this is the start of "colic".  I think Mike has narcotics in his shoulders because he can pick her up and calm her down pretty well.  I think I just need a glass of wine at night to help me out!  I'm getting more tired.  The adrenaline is definitely wearing off.  It's only because mom is here that the kitchen is clean, we have clean clothes and I get a nap each day!  This always makes me feel for single moms - how do they do it?

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I know what you're going through! Syd was always SO fussy/wailed/cried in the evenings. Dirk was the only one who could calm her. I think I was just too worked up about it and she sensed my stress so that didn't help anyone. I hope it isn't colic and that you're able to find ways to soothe...bounce and shush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Mike has that annoying ability to stay calm no matter what the circumstances. It's a good thing we're a team.

      Delete