So, there's this couple in our church that has a 21 month old boy. They were due to have their little girl 3 days before us. I just found out that she came this morning and I totally have birth-envy. That's weird, I know, but there it is. Honestly, I really need to stop focusing on all the worry of having a giant baby, another horrendous 3 hours of pushing, a grade three tear, and chaos of two kiddos. I think God is really trying to teach me a lot about how little control I have. Worry is just my pathetic attempt to gain some type of "control" over something I absolutely have no control over. Ah, the joy of growing in the Lord.
But enough about me . . .
We went to Bible study today and I volunteered to help with child care. I was in the baby room (thinking a refresher would be good). There was this one little girl who cried like I imagine I cried when I was baby based on what my parents have said. And it was good to see that it really didn't bother me or phase me. Of course she wanted her mom and she was tired, but I wasn't upset that I couldn't get her to stop crying. That's BIG progress over the way I was when Aiden was born. But wait, how did we get on me again?
Aiden was in the toddler room and when I went to pick him up he was helping the ladies clean up the toys. They both had such wonderful things to say about what a little helper he was. He is such a good helper. I'm kind of looking forward to see how he is with #2. It's so cool to see his temperament develop. We still get daily requests for bubbles and play-doh (Thanks again Aunt Ellen!) He's really wanting to read a lot, but what he really wants is to point things out on the pages and have us name them. He likes to get up on the bed or couch to read and wants Emma to get up there with him. She doesn't always return the feeling, but he loves her! We pull into the garage and he starts "saying" her name. So sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment