I think Mike, Aiden and I were all pretty tired after this weekend. Mike was on-call Saturday night so my Dad came up to babysit the few hours overlap on Saturday evening and Sunday morning that we needed. I think he made Aiden jog around the block! He slept most of yesterday. But even today he's tired and fussy. He woke up at 3 this morning hungry and his lower gums look a little whitish - teething anyone? I certainly hope not.
We're getting to the point where Aiden is old enough to start soothing himself to sleep. However, he still has to cry it out a few times. I find myself just standing in the kitchen . . . sweating while listening to him and praying that God will help me to stay put. Who knew sleep would be such a challenging issue? What am I going to do when even bigger challenges come. Pray. That's all I know how to do at this point.
We're having lunch with some friends this afternoon. Although he just fell asleep 30 minutes ago after crying for 30 minutes before that. So . . . we'll see how things go.
No comments:
Post a Comment