Pageviews past week

Thursday, November 18, 2010

How do we do it?

Mike had to work late last week, which was a good thing because he got 4 hours of comp time.  I had to go into work this afternoon for a presentation to the weekday staff and the Saturn was overdue for an oil change.  So . . . Mike met Aiden and me at the service store when he got off work.  We headed home, I fed Aiden and Mike went to put him down.  I got changed for work, drove in and of course the presentation went long.  So I dash home, pick up the guys and head to the service store.  We pick up the Saturn and Mike heads home to mow a little in the 15 minutes of sunlight that were left.  I get home with Aiden, feed him and put him down.  Then Mike and I just totally crashed on the couch.  I'm exhausted!!  Why does everything in DFW have to be so spread apart? 

It does get frustrating that we can't spend any time together as a family.  We find a way to accomplish all the necessary tasks of life, but where is the time to relax as a family?  I'm really looking forward to next Thursday.  Even though Mike is on-call for the evening shift, we should have a few hours together as a family.  I never get to see Mike interact with Aiden and vice versa.  I know every family has their stories of when they were first starting out - this is just ours.  It's just a season of life.  At least our little man does a great job of being flexible as he is driven from here and there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment