Pageviews past week

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

FIRST DAY OF PRE-SCHOOL!!

So we're late to the party.  And we're never late for anything.  But you know - we like to make a splash every once in awhile.  Enjoy these - we had quite the adventure this morning.


First thing is first, start off your morning with donuts if you're going to preschool.  It's MY turn to get him all sugared up and send him off to someone else!!

We had a terrible time, I mean TERRIBLE time, taking pictures this morning.  Apparently going to preschool is the equivalent of being sent to prison.  Or so you would think by our pictures this morning.  I'm sure the neighbors thought we were shipping Aiden and then Erin off to Siberia by the reactions we were getting.

First day of pre-school.  These people don't love me.

Seriously, there is no love.

Might as well have called me Joseph and thrown me into a well.

And left me for dead.

Ok, maybe it's not that bad.

Good thing Daddy knows the right tickle spots.

And just keeps on tickling.




 And then foolishly Mommy thinks it would be a nice picture to be bookended by the kiddos.  But Erin thought that was the equivalent of prison or Siberia as you see ...

And Aiden is going back to prison as well.

But luckily Mommy knows the tickle spot too.

At least on Aiden.  There's no hope for Erin at this stage of the game.




 And as if we hadn't suffered enough this morning, wouldn't it be great to have a picture of just the kids?  Looking like victims of the Dust Bowl?  Holding a sign for food or wait . . . no, it's still the first day of pre-school.


Please feed us.  We haven't eaten in days.  The dust is so bad.

I can't see my hand in front of my own face.  There's so much dust it makes me cry.


 There, there Sister - it's only the first day of pre-school.  We'll eat after I get home.  Mom makes us smoothies and cuts the crust off our bread.  It's not all bad here.  She just wants the kind of pictures that she see plastered all over Pinterest and FaceBook.  One day she'll learn that we're not that kind of family.  One day ... maybe before you go to prison - er - I mean pre-school.





OK, back to life.  Just chillin' waiting for big brother to finish with his morning.  Check out my new threads!!

And I ruined her by introducing her to the selfie.  I think she's getting some more teeth.



Ok, I don't care who you are, but this is too cute!


And for anyone who has FaceTimed with us you know that right here she is trying to push the button.

Here he is!  All done!  First one to leave the class!!!



Ta Da!!!


So I was thinking I was going to have to pry him off of me as I dropped him off.  I was especially discouraged as we walked through the door and there was another kiddo having an EPIC meltdown.  But Aiden walked in (no joke) COOL AS A CUCUMBER and just wanted to go play with their cool toys.  I didn't get a hug or kiss or even a good-bye!  I was trying to snap a picture but figured I better just head out of there and not risk any drawn out scene and a chance of crying.

When I picked Aiden up one of the first things he said to me was "I didn't cry!"  Apparently another kiddo had cried during the morning.  He was so proud of himself.  Honestly I was pretty anxious about how he would react to all this.  We packed Puppy in his backpack just in case he thought he would need it.  But he really "manned-up".  It's funny how he's only four but he can really step it up and surprise you when you least expect it.  He's growing up and you can see it at such an early age.

I've been questioning a little whether or not this was the right decision but sometimes I guess you've got to push them (and yourself) into those things and just see how it goes to see if you're heading in the right direction.  It's funny being a parent.  I feel like I'm learning just as much as he's learning.  Don't ever let him know that!  I'm so proud of him.

2 comments:

  1. I am DYING laughing!!!! This is hilarious!!!! I'm so glad he had a great day!! Miss you all!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! They are hilariously priceless! Glad Aiden and Momma had a good first (few) days!

    ReplyDelete