Pageviews past week

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Fun at the Fair!

Grammy had the BEST idea to go to the fair!  So we met Aunt Choppy (Diane) at her home and all went to the fair today.  It was hot (even for this Texas girl!  We've had temps in the 70's and 80's lately!)  But we all had sunscreen on (no worries Pappa) and drank lots of water. 

The really fun thing is watching the kids.  It's WAY different to see these things in person as opposed to a book.  Here a few pics ...

He wasn't too sure of the chickens at first, but then I think that was one of his favorites!

Seriously, the biggest, fattest rooster I've ever seen.

Oooooo, bunnies ...

Oh my!

 Ok, this was really cool.  We stumbled upon a guy that had a bison, baby zebra and baby camel for the kids to pet. Talk about real-life animals!!

He wasn't brave enough to touch the bison, but we got close to the cage!

I can't be outdone by brother!

Seriously, the whitest kid you'll ever see.

He touched the zebra!!!

Mom got a camel kiss!  Better watch out Mike.

Another really cool accident!  We stumbled on a pair of elephants.  I kept telling DeEtte I saw elephants and as we got closer all she could see was a bale of hay.  I'm sure she was thinking "This city girl can't tell an elephant from a bale of hay!"  They were kinda hidden by some bleachers.  We got to watch them crush watermelons and have a mid-morning snack.  We weren't allowed to pet them, and I think that was for the best.

 

Two cool chicks!

I didn't realize until I got home that Aunt Choppy artfully avoided the camera.  I'll get you next time Aunt Diane!

No comments:

Post a Comment