Don't worry. I don't have any pictures to post for this title. We started potty training Aiden yesterday because the car was in for regular maintenance and we were stuck at home. So why not?
We had a mind-blowing 8 pairs of wet underwear and shorts yesterday. Eight. Wet. With additional puddles in the house. Just sayin'.
Today however we are still on our second pair of underwear! Partly because I went to the Y (I HAD to get out of the house) and put him in a diaper for that. The one mess was, well, the messiest mess I've ever seen. And we'll leave it at that. (Yes, it is worse than what you are imagining right now.)
But he woke up dry this morning and peed first thing and the same was true of nap-time! So I'm really hopeful that he's getting it! The Y is shut down next week so we'll have PLENTY of time to make sure we've got it down.
What really kills me is the staying at home and waiting. It's so boring and then for 30 minutes I'm SUPER busy as I'm trying to clean this and that without Erin getting all in everything, etc. Plus, I need to get out of the house more. Luckily we have friends coming over tomorrow and one of them is potty trained. So I'm hoping that can only increase the learning curve.
As my mom says "These are the days that try men's souls." But I have very, VERY seriously considered going back to work full-time this week. I guess that doesn't say too much about my ability to persevere!
Bon courage, Amy!! It won't be too long now and he will be wearing just regular underwear and you can say bye bye to diapers! Then another growing up chapter will be closed! :-(
ReplyDeleteI forgot to add: Thomas Paine said that quote to me when I was young! ;-))
ReplyDelete