In a true welcome to Nebraska we got somewhere between 4-6 inches of snow on move-in day. But I was going to move into this house if a blizzard, tornado, or the arch came by! I missed my sleep-number bed!! So, due to a BUNCH of awesome friends and family we got all of our junk in. (Again we find ourselves wondering how we lived in our previous home with all this stuff!) My favorite moving quote from the day came from Diane: "I'd offer to help clean but I hear Amy has standards!"
Ever since then it's been a slow, steady process of trying to find all of our stuff and where we want to put it. I have made rice pudding, mac 'n' cheese with hotdogs and Mexican chicken since we've moved in. We have all had showers/baths and we have done two loads of laundry. So, things are moving. We still left a random amount of items at Don and DeEtte's - so Aiden and I are planning a trip tomorrow to wrap up some loose ends. Plus we need to get Mike's tux for Dan's wedding this weekend!! I need to put Aiden's outfit on him to see if it fits!
I'm slowly learning how to drive in this weather. It's not my favorite. I still would prefer the Dallas method of just-stay-home-until-it-goes-away, however I believe that is March. I will say I am missing some Texas items - Stubb's bar-b-q sauce, Tony Chacarie's seasoning, and chicken. Yes, I am having a hard time finding a place to buy good chicken (remember, I'm a food snob and not all chicken is created equal).
Here are pictures from the day of our move:
Out the back door:
Out the front door:
No comments:
Post a Comment