Pageviews past week

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Playing Outside!!

It's funny to me how my definition of acceptable outdoor weather keeps changing.  Even though the thermometer just outside our window was hovering around 40 degrees - THE SUN WAS OUT THIS AFTERNOON!!  And this Texas girl needs sun!!  So we suited up.  Aiden got to try out an early Christmas present from Great Aunt Diane - snow boots.  He had a minor meltdown when I first put them on and getting everything else on meant we had to spend at least 15 minutes outside according to my late Grandmother's rule for outdoor play in the winter.  So, Emma, Aiden and I went outside!  He was pretty cautious to begin with but finally warmed up:


All told, we were outside for probably 45 minutes and then had a MAJOR meltdown when it was time to come back inside.  I think Emma enjoyed the chance to chase a few squirrels and bark at some neighboring dogs.  We've lived here for 11 days and FINALLY we get the chance to enjoy the backyard!  Woo Hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment