So, Aiden has been growing and changing like a rocket these days! There are so many things I wish I could get a picture or video of to post on the blog - but I know if I made a mad dash for the camera he would stop. Plus, today I was so fatigued I could barely meet the requirements of adult supervision. Here are some things from today I wish I had gotten images of so you could see:
1. He placed my sports bra around his neck like a necklace.
2. Dragging his numerous dogs by the ears so they were "walking" along side him on the ground.
3. Kisses he gave his glowworm.
4. Using a calculator to mimic me when I talk on the phone.
5. Pulling a Christmas ornament off the tree and then trying to place it in the branches (all while I was watching) as if nothing had happened.
6. Throwing Emma her toy in an effort to play with her.
7. Actually trying to put the right piece in the right spot on the wooden puzzles Robyn gave him for his birthday.
8. "Reading" his books. (He doesn't want me to read them to him anymore.)
9. Running up to Dadda when he got home from work.
10. The "conversations" we have. (I have no idea what he is saying, but he sure says a lot of it.)
It's amazing how quickly he is changing. I'm curious to see what he'll be like when we bring #2 home (who was kicking up a storm today.) There are times I just look at him and he is such a little person. When the heck did that happen? However, with that little person comes the desire to be independent. We celebrate the independence but also are now having some serious conversations about discipline and how we want to structure that. I feel like Frank Abignail from "Catch Me If You Can." All we have to do is stay one step ahead of him . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment