Pageviews past week
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Jacqueline McDonough
Some of you know that my grandmother has been struggling the past two months with a series of falls, infections and declining health. This morning she ended her struggles in this world. I have to confess that I'm pretty sad about all of it and there's nothing like this type of experience to put feet on your faith. I've found myself all day today calling out "Lord" just to make sure He's still there - much like Aiden now calls out "Momma" just to make sure I'm paying attention.
I've thought a lot about my Grandmother the past few weeks and the woman she was. She was a wonderful crafter - knitting, crocheting, needlpointing and hand-making just about anything you could think of. She's a woman who took us on family trips to Mexico (carrying our own water, right Ellen?) She taught us new games (Michigan rummy anyone?) and how to say the Queen of Haaaarts. It makes you wonder what is the point of everything. But I see her every day in the things I do. She has passed on a great legacy to my mom and through her to me. I sing "Bye Baby Bunting" to Aiden. I make rice pudding for his breakfast. I knit and have aspirations to crochet our Christmas stockings for next year.
This makes me think about the relatives I've known and haven't known and how the Lord has really blessed me through them because of the people they made my parents into. It makes me aspire to carry-on some of those little, every day traditions and pass on the faith and character that they have instilled in me to Aiden and Baby Girl Freitag.
So, I love you Grandma. I'll miss you the rest of the time I'm here on earth - and I'll see you again one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Amy,
ReplyDeletePrayers for you right now. Thank you for sharing. I am so very sorry that you lost your grandmother today. Love to all, Thom and Cree
Love this Amy. Thank you.
ReplyDelete