Pageviews past week

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

It's Pumpkin Time!

As some of you know (and I think I reference this every year) I have had a poor experience carving pumpkins previously.  So . . . to avoid potential loss of limb we painted pumpkins.  Yes, the high today was somewhere in the 40's, the sun was not shining and it was misting all day long.  So what's a mom to do?  Put down the giant roll of butcher paper (thank you Rachele for the idea and Papa for the trip to Menard's) and strip the kids down! Here we go ...

Ok, it all seems nice and orderly so far.  We're all staying on the paper and painting our own pumpkins.


Erin has achieved lift off.  We are starting to move ...


And now we're mixing colors.  I'm trying not to panic.

Aiden's theme this year is blue.  He's true to that.

Hmmmm, I see a blank canvas on my belly ...

 I gotta mix it till I find just the right color.

Just blue for me.  And don't get paint on me Sister!!
(I had to get him his own bowl.)

Oops, did I get paint on my leg?  How did that happen?
(Also, I'd like you to know she did try putting it in her mouth.  Not a big chunk, 
just some off the tip of her finger.  Luckily, I stopped any ingestion.)

Mmmmmm, paint the paper ...

OR MY LEG!  SUCKER!!!

I must be thorough and fair in my application.

Oooooo, preeeeeettty ....

And the aftermath - an early bath with lots of scrubbing!


I'm happy to report I have not found any paint on the walls, carpet or floor!!  I also have video that will be posted soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment