Pageviews past week
Monday, September 3, 2012
Verdell Freitag
Early this morning Mike's grandfather, Verdell Freitag, passed away. I can't say that I knew him very well, or that I even know very much about him. But I can say that he was a hard working man. He was faithful to his family and to his wife. He raised two sons and a daughter who have all had sons of their own. His grandsons are all working to support their families or defending our country. That is an amazing legacy to leave.
Today was another reminder of how short this life is and how fleeting are our circumstances. I'm grateful for my husband, son and daughter. I'm grateful for the family we do have with us and the times we get to spend together. I'm grateful that this is not the end for us, but that we will see him again one day and worship our Lord with him forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment