Some of you know that Team Freitag has been taking a much needed rest (?) this week on vacation. Although I think any vacation with kids is not really a vacation. However, I really feel like we are in the land that time forgot. We do not have cell phone reception and only limited internet access (hence no photos in this post.) But I don't think we could have picked a better spot for a vacation. We're staying in the guest house of a working ranch. Peggy and Doug (the owners) are just the most awesome people. Peggy cooks us breakfast every morning and took us on a tour of her ranch. Aiden could not stop talking about the cows and horses after that. Peggy even let us get close enough to their horse Buddy in the corral so Aiden could pet him. Of course he didn't, but it was an option if he wanted.
I find myself becoming more and more like my parents. On a walk today I told Aiden "Pick up your feet." (My mother's anthem for my growth spurts since my feet far out stripped the rest of my body.) And in an odd ode to my father's anthem for when we lived overseas I told the kids as we were walking through some beautiful landscapes to: "Look out kids, you'll never see this in Europe." (Whenever we were in those beautiful churches or old buildings he would always say "Look up kids, you'll never see this in America.")
It's funny the things that come back to you that were seemingly forgotten. But thanks Mom and Dad for the memories. Thanks for taking time to hang out with us and teach us stuff. I'm finding that I'm really enjoying just hanging out with my kids. It's not like we've "done much" on this vacation, but we've done a lot in the way of building our family and creating memories for our kids. Our kids are pretty freaking awesome too. Just in case you didn't know.
So when we get back to "civilization" (I put that in quotes because at least we got to eat at a Chick-fil-A out here! Something sorely missing in Kearney, NE!!) we'll post some pretty great pictures. Then full steam ahead into our regular fall activities and whatever else lies ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment