I took a meal over to one of our MOPS moms this evening. She has a 2 year old and just had a baby about 10 days ago. This was the first time I met her and she burst into tears. Her baby was having a hard time latching on, and thus not eating well. If they don't eat well, they don't sleep well. So this poor mom was sleep deprived, stressed and I'm sure having some post-partum depression. Her husband had a week off with her but Monday was her first day with both kids by herself. Both sets of grandparents were working and not able to help during the day. All I could do was to repeat to her over and over again "You're doing a good job," because that's what I needed to hear so badly at those times. I gave her as much encouragement as I could and she and her family are in my prayers.
It just made me so grateful for our families and all the help we received from them after Erin was born. Thank you to DeEtte for staying with us when we got home from the hospital. Thank you to my mom and Dad for staying with us for a week. Thanks for all the laundry, cooking and cleaning they did. Thanks for all the phone calls, Mom, and the encouragement that I was doing a good job. Thanks for helping me persevere in that moment, so that I could in turn offer encouragement to this mom.
Thanks to both of our families for the ways they have helped us financially as well. All the clothes, money, food, and other gifts that have helped us to get where we are and be in the home that we have. We are so blessed. Thank you.
You are so very welcome, Amy!! You and Mike are doing a great job raising Aiden and Erin!!
ReplyDelete