So yesterday was a long day. After meeting with the pediatric ophthalmologist the course of action is surgery. The surgery will be in April and we'll have another appointment in March to repeat the measurements to make sure it's not over or under corrected. Luckily the March appointment will be here in Kearney, but he only does surgery in Lincoln.
So we dropped Ciara off at doggy daycare yesterday because we would be gone all day. When we dropped her off Aiden asked where she was going. I explained that she was going to play with her puppy friends since we were going to be gone all day. Then he asks "What if Ciara plays with a not happy doggy?" I explained that they are watching the puppies to make sure they're all happy. Then Aiden says "They need to be happy puppies with Ciara." Such a tender little heart.
We left Erin with a friend and I swear almost every 30 minutes Aiden was asking "Are we going to pick up Erin now?" When we got home they just chased each other around yelling and screaming. It's nice to know that they love each other so much and enjoy each others company.
I feel really relieved after the appointment. It's good to finally have a treatment plan in action instead of just waiting for something and watching his eyes turn in every day. Whew. I slept a lot better last night then I did the night before!
No comments:
Post a Comment