Today was the first time I put Erin in child care. I have to admit, I was pretty nervous. As you know she is our high-maintenance baby. But then I realized as it was getting closer and closer I was sad too. Aiden went into child care a lot earlier then she did just due to different circumstances. So with Erin I felt a lot more attached for lack of a better word. I definitely know her better than anyone else and I can tell you by the way she is holding her body what will happen next. I didn't really get to that point with Aiden and as a first time mom everything is new and strange. But this time around is a little different. Sure, Erin and I were not good friends for the first few months. But lately things are different. She's my daughter. And I don't care who you are, if you have a child that is your same gender you want them to be just a little like you (or maybe a lot). Maybe it's because Aiden is going through this stage where mom is not cool. The first answer for everything is "No, Momma." With Erin I can just cuddle and kiss as long as I want (until she spits up or has a meltdown!)
Anyways, it went just as I expected. I had to wake her up from her morning nap to go to a MOPS meeting. Half way through one of the child care workers comes to find me to ask if she has a bottle because she's spitting up so much and crying. I inform her that's because she's tired, not hungry. If we fed her now you'd just be wearing it. She finally gets her to fall asleep 10 minutes before we're finished. Poor thing.
But we survived. It's the start of a long fall semester of at least one MOPS meeting every week until mid-December. She'll adjust. I'll adjust. They just grow up so fast. Looking at Aiden tonight I'm just amazed at how fast time goes by. He certainly has his opinions and "rules" when we play. My little baby is now a little boy and all too soon will be a little man. What have we gotten ourselves into? How did my parents survive this? My goal each day is to keep this in mind: I want to raise healthy adults. That means that Aiden and Erin are confident in who they are and their abilities. The tighter I hold on, the less likely that is to happen. I just didn't expect to be confronted with that so soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment