Pageviews past week

Monday, October 3, 2011

Overdue Update

Well . . . just to recap the last week:

1.  Mike found out he got the chaplain job in Kearney, NE on Monday.
2.  I contact my boss and tell her - offer to work the first weekend in October and every weekend in October because I don't want to leave them shorthanded.  My offer is refused and I have her blessing to move to Nebraska with my family.
3.  We chase down medical records to take with us and frantically pack up the rest of our possessions.
4.  Don, DeEtte and Patti (a family friend) drive down on Thursday as Mike picks up the U-haul and we have movers load it for us.
5.  Friday morning we drive to Nebraska as Don and Mike stay behind to clean and wait for the carpet cleaners.
6.  Saturday the guys unload the truck.
7.  Today, Mike and I return the truck and start to look for houses.

Whew - needless to say this has been a lot faster than we expected, even though we have tried for this for so long.  Aiden's been a little off lately with all the travel, new living arrangement, etc.  Tonight was the first night he's actually eaten a full dinner in awhile.

We're all getting adjusted to our new situation.  We got pre-approved today for a home loan that is WAY too much.  So, Mike and I are still in the process of trying to figure out reasonable expenses/budget/expectations.  Still - the weather up here is beautiful!  It's a lot more dry than we're used to and I'm having trouble keeping up with my water intake!

Here are some pics of Aiden playing in Grandma's decor:


No comments:

Post a Comment