Aiden and Daisy dog became fast friends.
Ok, if you're ever anywhere close to Franklin - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND their safari! It was totally awesome. We got to feed LOTS of different animals straight from the truck. I don't think Gram was too happy but the kids loved it! That is a camel behind the bar in this pick.
Four-horned sheep. Totally awesome. Unfortunately Erin was on my lap. Kinda hard to get a picture and "defend" her from the animals at the same time. I don't blame her. She's pretty tiny and some of them had pretty big horns!
The. cutest. baby. goat. EVER!!
Again, Erin's not too impressed.
Come on girl! Live a little!
Picnic lunch with some very tired kiddos.
Finally! A pic of the grandparents and grandkids. It's hard to get them all together.
Oh sweet nectar of life! We ate at Rosa's TWICE!! I have totally converted mom to their sopapillas. You're welcome.
The Brazos Valley Children's Museum!
So I actually got to spend a little time with a friend from high school, Jeremy Herron, and his family. It was totally awesome to see them all because it had been a LONG time and I hadn't even met his kids (his daughter is 4). Mom thought it was weird seeing Jeremy and I with our kids.
Checkmate!
Checkers anyone? Aiden made up his own game of match the pieces to the same color. It works.
Tired girl selfie!
Tired everyone selfie!!
Somewhat comatose child.
This is Jeremy's daughter - Ada. So fun to see them play together!
Oh Rudy's. Such great sweat tea! Don't worry, she's having lemonade.
"I like that coleslaw mom."
Yay! Who knew!
Story time with Gram. Of course, they weren't paying attention very well but at least I got a decent picture before it all fell apart.
Movie Day! How 'bout gummy worms for a morning snack?! Anything goes at Pappa and Gram's house!
I can't tell you how many pictures I have at this angle of this kid sleeping. This is in the car on the way home from the airport. Erin took a 45 minute nap on the first plane and was TOTALLY WIDE AWAKE the rest of the time. This kid just couldn't resist the van.
It was so great to be back and see a lot of familiar things, smell some familiar smells, hear those familiar clock chimes. But a lot has changed. Freebirds is all organic now! Whatever happened to the fear that the guy who was making your burrito didn't wash his hands?! College Station has built up a lot as well.
As fun as it is to go back, it's more fun to remember the way things were. Lots of good memories. Thanks Pappa and Gram.








No comments:
Post a Comment