Pageviews past week

Friday, October 12, 2012

First Trip to the ER

I was just thinking yesterday evening: "It's been awhile since I've updated the blog.  I should do that tonight."  Well, I wasn't thinking this would be my update.  Aiden was running around like the crazy monkey he is and tripped over the bathmat in our bathroom.  He hit his head on the side of the tub and I guess he had his lip tucked into his mouth.  He had 2 little gashes in the bottom of his lip and one small (but deep) gash on the outside of his lip.  I called the doctor on-call for our pediatrician and they wanted us to take him to the urgent care clinic.  The urgent care doctor had to run over to the hospital to ICU (who knows why), thus a trip to the ER for Aiden.

Luckily Mike took him because he had to hold his arms and legs down while the nurse held his head so the doctor could stitch up his gash.  Two stitches and a lobster beenie-baby later he was home.  We go back in 5 days to get the stitches out.  Ugh.  It's just a horrible feeling to watch your kiddo bleeding (kind of a lot) and crying hysterically.

A little bit of swelling this morning.

You should see the other guy!  
Just kidding - the flash was a bit too much for him.

A better angle to see the war wounds.

Oh well, chicks dig scars - right Uncle Josh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment