Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Rain, Sweet Rain

Let me diverge from my normal posting:

This evening we finally had rain.  I truly think the last time we had rain was in May.  With it was a sweet drop in temperature.  It's currently reading 96 degrees, down from 106 in a matter of 30 minutes.  It's 6:15 and the air conditioner is not running.  I think the air conditioner has run constantly from 3-7 pm since June.  Never did I think rain would make me stop what I was doing, go outside, stand staring for 5 minutes, and then take Aiden out in it just to feel the sweetness.

Most of you know the struggles that we've been having as far as jobs and relocation.  It's been a real time of stress for our family.  It's been a real time of personal stress in my relationship with Lord.  It's hard when you feel like doors are getting closed every day, no matter what you're trying.  It's hard to stay faithful and fight the good fight day in and day out.  Luckily, the Lord has blessed me with a great group of friends (local and afar) that have encouraged me to stay afloat in my relationship with the Lord.  I've often told the Lord in our prayer times that I feel like the weather has been an analogy for our lives.  It feels like we're in a drought spiritually.  It feels like the heat is crushing our souls.  It feels like there is no relief in sight.  Then finally today . . . . . . . . rain.  I feel like the Lord is gently telling me "I'm still here for you.  I'm still working - you just can't see it.  Stay faithful and I will bring water to your soul.  I will cool your discomfort and wash away the dirt."

I know this is a lot more personal than what I usually post - but I felt like it was time to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment